Followers

Monday, November 13, 2017

The Story

Despite these problems, the actual models seem to have made it 2,000 highway miles with minimal damage.  I think the key is the manner in which I packed each box.  First the plastic boxes were lined on the bottom with bubble wrap, usually the small bubble kind, but certain heavy items got the large bubbles.

Then each vehicle, building, or other item was placed carefully on the bubble wrap.  Then the box was slightly over filled with biodegradable packing peanuts.  The lid was snapped onto the box and I used plastic film near both ends of the box to keep the lid on.  I overfilled the peanuts so that they would create enough tension to prevent the contents from moving around or shifting in transit.

I used the plastic film to insure the box lids stayed on, despite the tension from the packing peanuts.  I used over 300 cubic feet of packing peanuts.  Not a single box popped open during loading, transit, or unloading!  I got my supplies from a place called Serv-all, in Santa Ana, California.


https://serv-allpackaging.com/contact/

No comments: