Followers

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Back in Business

I finally got the computer working and so I can begin blogging again.  Despite the fact that it's almost Pearl Harbor Day, I am going back and play catchup.  I will fill in all the missing blog postings.

It will take a while, but check back again daily now because I am back in business.

My wife and I have been planning our retirement for a few years now.  California is a land of increasing crime, high taxes, over-regulation, and overpriced real estate.  So we  have been looking for a place to live that does not have those problems.

We actually travelled to Arizona and Montana to check out some property, the cost of living and other factors, but in April of this year we visited rural Kentucky.  For those who don't know, Kentucky is in about the middle of the USA.  We liked it so much we decided to move here.  So we retired from our jobs, sold our house, packed our stuff and moved here.  It was 2,000 miles from California.  It took well over 200 boxes to store the hobby collection.  Most of our stuff is in storage sheds while we live in a motel.  We have leased an apartment; they are turning an old school into apartments, and our unit is not completed yet, we hope to move in this weekend.

While we live there we are negotiating the purchase of land and building a new home.  I am hoping for a large wargaming room.  I will keep you all updated as things continue.  So far we are very happy, the people are very nice and friendly.  Not much hobby stuff here, but I have brought a few models to work on while we wait.

No comments: