Followers

Friday, November 18, 2016

What's on Mikes Workbench?


Roco artillery tossed into a bag for a couple decades until I get enough bits together to make a coherent unit of them.


Plastic food containers contain the army men.  Last longer than zip loc bags and protect the troops better.  These are spacemen conversions.  This project has been in the works for about 15 years, still moving forward.



Busy times here in the Bunker.  After weeks of paint stripping, I am putting paint back onto a mighty host of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars and trucks.  Here are some Cold War era vehicles that will support my Pentomic Army forces.


Did you know that you should use Tamiya paint thinner to thin Tamiya paints and clean Tamiya paint off of your brushes?  It does not use the same solvent as enamel paints.


This little box is made of aluminum.  My dad made it when he worked on the Gemini space program.  I use it as a glue caddy.  



A new bridge from Michaels.  I got it for 40% off.  Generic stone bridge reminiscent of the Burnside Bridge at Antietam.  


Note the B-17 cars at the top center.  They will be marked up as recruiting vehicles for USAAF in WWII.

No comments: