Followers

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Tiger Battalion


This German tank destroyer was so nose heavy they had to put solid road wheels in the front suspension.


Tank battalions on parade take up a lot of space, both in miniature and in real life.


I always felt it strange to see late war German tanks lined up like this.


It made me wonder where the Allied aircraft were; it reminded me of the scene at the end of the movie Das Boot.


Troops often lined up outside their vehicles for inspection.  I just selected a representative sample.


Notional vehicles like the Tiger II ARV are fun to have in my collection, but I rarely do more than one, since they did not exist in real life.  I figure one can't throw off the power of the unit by too much.


Prototype vehicles I sometimes do in units as large as a platoon, but more usually I only do one; like this extended barrel Tiger II.


And this JagdTiger with extended barrel.

No comments: