Followers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Roco Panzer III


The 1/87th scale Roco Panzer III is much like the real Panzer III.



Not the best German tank of WWII, and not the best Roco German tank either.



Still, a sturdy, workmanlike model that despite being at least 45 years old is still able to give good service.



The kit comes in the Panzer IIIM in the long barrel 5.0 cm version and the Panzer IIIN 7.5 cm version with the short barrel.



I have several of these old tanks in my collection. Including not only the tank version but the assault gun version too. A few of mine have been converted into the munitions carrier as well. A few simple upgrades really make the model much better.

4 comments:

Erhntly said...

I think, it's like the real Panzer 3 too.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks, it's a nice simple model and hold up well after 40+ years.

Bob G. said...

Bunkermeister:
Amazing how well these minitanks hold up.
If you can find them TODAY...wow, are they EXPENSIVE!!!

I just went through my collection (nowhere NEAR as vast as yours)and it would be nice to see how you can keep these buggers looking nice (even better) after all these years when parts fall off or even get lost.

Thanks for the series on the Pzkw3

Carry on.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I am refurbishing and reorganizing my Panzer III collection. Now that I store my models in plastic boxes I have fewer missing bits.