Followers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

WOTW


In the book "The War of the Worlds" by H.G. Wells and in the 1954 movie by George Pal the Martians come to Earth in cylinders projected by a giant cannon.



I took a large jar that originally had pretzels in it and painted it over with Testors Gray Primer and then Fleck Stone over the primer.


Fleck Stone makes a nice texture on the surface. I had to use a wire brush on the Dremel tool to cut off the pretzel label molded on the lid. I used WD-40 to help lift off the paper / plastic label on the sides of the jar. Once off, I wiped it down with rubbing alcohol to prep for the primer paint.

Fleck Stone comes in lots of colors and since I was painting over it the color did not matter much. You can get Fleck Stone at craft stores.


The cylinder painted with Fleck Stone. Next I will paint it with a metallic color to reflect the metal nature of Martian War Cylinders.

No comments: