Followers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Sailors and Marines


This is an old set, but it's new to me.

I just got this set the other day from Michigan Toy Soldier Co.


It's the British Sailors and Marines set from HaT. They are Napoleonic era, and I don't do Napoleonics. But I plan on swapping up some of the heads with the Gardner Gun set flat hats so they can be US Navy sailors for the post- Civil War era.


Some of the gun crew will become Texans and find themselves at the Alamo. I will probably add a few big hats to them for the hot Texas sun.



I don't really have a use for the British Marines, but maybe for the War of 1812.



The set has almost a 100 troops, and at $15 its a pretty good value. 1/72nd scale soft plastic, kind of hard, no flash. Good set for other uses.




No comments: