Followers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

More Sub Interior


This close up of the bridge and command center shows several areas. Note the little hand wheel in the lower right corner of the photo. I put 44 men on board, the same number of troops as the crew of a Type VII C U-Boat. It's crowded.

This is the captains quarters, bunk, and desk. On the upper level you can see the armory with a few guns on the wall. I am all about the guns.

This is my engine room. It took all kinds of bits to make it.



Since my goal was to make a sub interior but not spend any money, and not spend two years on it, I glued all sorts of parts and sprue on the walls and floors of the hull to make it appear like a crowded u-boat interior.



Here you can see parts from trains, engines, halftracks, spure, sheet styrene all working together to be a sub.

No comments: