Followers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

POTA Female Gorilla


Figure conversions don't have to be limited to small plastic figures. This is the clothing for a 1/6th scale Hasbro Zira figure. Zira is a female chimpanzee from Planet of the Apes. I wanted to create a gorilla female for the same movie. There was no female gorilla in any of the movies as far as I have been able to determine.


The Zira figure is light skinned, so I had to paint the hands of the gorilla female. I used the Zira body, but the head of a male gorilla soldier.


I painted the hands and wrists using red brown paint and then overpainted with smoke.


Red brown is a very useful color for leather and hair. The smoke is a sort of semi-clear dark gray.



After I dyed the Zira outfit using Rit fabric dye and replaced the head with a male gorilla head and painted the hands, this is the result. The Zira is on the right and the female gorilla is on the far left. I used Wine color dye for the fabric and the plastic bits dyed too. It turned out really well and I am considering doing another one, and perhaps some in all black too.



No comments: