Followers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

HaT BR Mortars


Hat has released their long awaited, much anticipated British Heavy Weapons, WWII set, courtesy of my good friend, COL Jim.

1/72nd scale plastic, you get four of these great 81mm mortars, with crews.

The bipod fits onto the tube, very well. The base of the mortar is part of the tube.



The crew is very nice. I like the mortar bomb man particularly.



The ammo carrier man can carry ammo or PIAT bombs. This is a great set, and well worth waiting for, almost makes me wish I was collecting British!



4 comments:

Jim. said...

Mike,
I will use the 3" mortar crews to man my Valiant tubes. The HaT troops are alsouseful for FOs and FDCs.
Jim.

S said...

That's a OML 3" mortar (76.2mm), not an 81mm. Does the same job though, infantry battalion heavy weapons. The assistant gunner is in an awkward stance for loading the bomb as his post is on the right side of the weapon.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Jim is correct, the officer, radio man and stenographer will be great for forward observers and fire direction centers for other British artillery.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you so much S for the correction. I did not look it up before I wrote about it. I don't "do" British so I sometimes miss those details.

Jim let me take a photo of these great troops from his collection. He even told me they were 3" and I still wrote 81mm!