Followers

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Toy Soldier Show

Today I visited the West Coast Toy Soldier Show in Irvine. It was very interesting to see all the various figures, mostly 1/32nd scale. While I was there I was lucky enough to meet Dimitry from Orion Figures. He was a very nice man and was there adding to his collection of toy soldiers. I also spent some time with Larry of Pegasus.

Nick and his wife of Toy Soldiers of San Diego were there too. They had a large number of tables and they included their own line of figures and the great Hudson and Allen Alamo sets too. Nick also told me his next 1/32nd scale sets were going to be two sets of Plains Indians Warriors and a set of U.S. Dismounted Cavalry all for the Battle of Little Big Horn. His sets are always very full of life and I am sure these will be great. Nick said he intends to visit the battle site soon as part of his research. Nick will also be be at the Texas Toy Soldier Show at the Alamo on May 30, 31, 2009. http://www.sdsoldiers.com/ has all the information.

Larry Pegasus and I went to lunch after the toy show and he told me all about making plastic figures. He has just released his UFO, Apollo 27, and War of the Worlds sets. He said they are all selling well and there may be more sci fi sets coming out once he gets caught up with other sets. Tooling on the Soviet sets has been slow but he is expecting more very soon. He has a huge backlog of sets that are all just about to be released. At least four set of WWII Soviets, one of WWI French and one of WWII French. I can hardly wait!

No comments: