Followers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Christmas Village II

The Model Power 1/87th scale M47 Patton tank travels up the Christmas Village street. These buildings were only $1 each at my local Dollar Tree store. Look at the roof of each building and you can see black and gray patches that show where I painted over the white snow. I don't play snow wargames but I still wanted to use these buildings.


Look at the ground cover near the cafe table, I painted over the snow with a gray making it look like rock or asphalt. These buildings were pre painted and only required that I cover the snow to make them usable on the wargame table. They are also hollow so I can put troops inside.


This Revell WWII US Army figure on the roof looks over the edge to see the tank pass by below. Many of these buildings had flat parts on the roofs which are great for posing figures.



A couple infantry sneak around a corner, notice the black edges where I painted over the snow. I could also have flocked them wtih green like the solders bases, or even went with a brown ground cover. Buildings like this are great because they are cheap, durable, and allow me to spend time on other hobby tasks.
Many battles took place in urban areas, in WWII in Europe, many small villages were only a collection of a few small buildings. A few of these placed at a crossroads and you have an instant village. Your American or British forces can surround the village with armor and then send in the Infantry to dig out those few hold out Nazis. More fun for use than it was for them.



No comments: