Followers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Something Completely Different

Mrs Bunkermeister was kind enough to get me the limited edition 2008 Dragon Models 1/6th scale quad flak gun for Christmas this year. They go for about $200 at most places so it was a great and expensive gift. She is so good to me!

This is an excellent model and I really like it!



It comes with one Army soldier with a reversible green / snow uniform cover. I used him and three sailors to set up a land based naval flak gun position. The German navy had to provide air defenses for their shore facilities and they used this gun both on shore and on ships.



The gun has nice little sights, but the figures sit a little tall to actually look through the reticule. The assistant gunners sit well on their seats, but I will have to glue the seats on. This model is designed to be very functional, but at the expense of playability in some cases. The magazines don't stay in the guns well, because they want you to be able to take them out and put them back in. I plan on gluing them in since a gun without magazines can't fire!




The gun barrels are metal and very heavy. Overall, it is a very adult product, somewhat too fragile for kids, but if some of the parts are glued on it will be a great wargame piece for us big kids.





These guns were used by all branches of the German military in WWII and this is a great addition to any collection. The bat wings are removable and the whole thing turns and elevates. It could be mounted on ships, trains, or vehicles. There is tremendous conversion potential with this kit.



It is so terrific I am even considering getting another one! I really want to build a 1/6th scale U-Boat and put two of these on the crows nests for AA defense. That would be so cool. This is a very exciting model and I am very grateful to MRS Bunkermeister for getting it for me.


No comments: