Followers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Luft Hansa AA Guns




The German Labor Front in WWII organized German workers into anti-aircraft units to help defend their work places against air attack. I have organized my Luft Hansa employees into crews for two 37mm AA guns.



These positions are dirt, sandbags, and wooden crates with a wooden base for the guns. The guns are Roco from the SWS halftrack kit. I have a zillon of them and dismounted these two and added a bit of styrene plastic to make seats for the crew.



These two guns will be located on the edge of the airfield, near the Luft Hansa facility. In the event of an attack, the Luft Hansa employees can scramble out to the gun pits and defend the airbase.


One of the things I have tried to do for my Battle of Berlin units it to obtain a flag for each one. This is the Luft Hansa flag. The pole is from the Alamo Accessories set. Print the flag, wrap it around itself, and glue with white glue. I fold a bit of the middle flat so it will fit on the flagpole and glue it with CA glue.

No comments: