Followers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008





More of my Battle of Berlin game items. This is the office for my Luft Hansa company building.





The furniture is resin, metal and styrene. The floor is sheet styrene painted gold and then dull coated to look like carpeting. Figures are various Preiser in HO scale. I like to mix HO and 1/72nd scale figures to get greater variety. A thick base can help the HO figures look a bit taller and since they are usually civilians they look smaller since they don't have helmets.







The furniture was painted dark flat blue, but the "wooden" parts were then coated in a gloss coat. This technique makes the cloth look like cloth because it is not shiny like the wood.

2 comments:

Nuno Cabeçadas said...

I don't know if you have this set, but provides lots of interesting figures. I use them in my gunboats, as mounted officers using the upper part, etc. Besides, the aditional heads help a lot when converting other figures:

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.asp?manu=PRE&code=72510

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I love the Preiser 1925 Airplane Passenger set. I have several boxes of them and many of my Luft Hansa figures are from that set. I recently painted up three aircraft and used four pilots from that set for the Luft Hansa crew because they looked less military. Love those heads too!