Followers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Bridge Work




In World War Two the fast moving warfare style of the Blitzkreig required the ability to build bridges quickly.


To help simulate these bridges on the wargame table, I have taken the old Roco bridge and combined it with the boats from the Airfix pontoon bridge. I use sewing thread as the handrails, and strengthen it with superglue.

This gives me a unique bridge that is inexpensive and quick to build.


I don't glue the roadway down to the boats. This allows my wargame army the chance to "build" the bridge. There are resin companies that build the proper bridge, but they are very fragile and expensive, so I use this one. It is a standard size bridge, I build my streams to fit under this treadway.

2 comments:

m60a3tanker said...

Nice use of the 2 different manufacturers stuff. I always wondered why ROCO didn't make a bridge kit including the floats. They had all the parts, they just never put them together.
Wayne

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I don't know why Roco did a lot of what they did. Why an SWS halftrack and not a 251? Why the Grille and not the towed 88 until recently. Why not more WWII German stuff? Why not infantry?