Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Resin Spare Parts






















This is a Roco Dodge Command Car. I have a number of these vehicles in my collection. When I was sorting through the vehicles and repairing them I noticed I was missing a windshield. No windshield is a real problem with old Roco. I have purchased used Roco and I have Roco that I bought new 35 years ago, and sometimes a part gets lost or destroyed. I solved the missing windshield problem by getting a new resin one from Paul at Paul Heiser Models. PHM makes a huge range of mostly WWII US and German HO scale models.

While PHM does not make the Command Car they do make the larger 1.5 ton three axle truck. It uses the same front end so I got a spare windshield from him and put it on the Command Car. Making resin parts to replace broken parts is an excellent way to repair vehicles that are missing parts. Resin is easy to use and simple parts can be made very easily. I have even used clay as a mold, just press a master part into the clay and use the resulting cavity to cast a part.

http://www.smooth-on.com/

Smooth on makes a full range of resin products and instructional media.

You can get PHM from Fidelis Models.

No comments: