Followers

Monday, June 2, 2008

Buy Army Men

This is a great time to buy Army Men. I am regularly in contact with eight plastic figure companies and most say that sales have fallen off a cliff and they are not making money. If you want to buy more 1/72nd scale soft plastic figures in the future, it would be a good idea to buy them now too. We all have a wish list of figures we would like to buy some day, when we get around to it. Well, now is the best time to fulfill that wish list.

We have already lost Gulliver, Matchbox, Atlantic, Airfix and Esci. All three have either ceased production or no longer make new figures. And even though Nexus and Italeri have picked up some of these ranges, they don't make the full range of figures. I would hate to lose any of the figure companies listed in our poll. I went to the hobby shop with my friend Jim yesterday, he got one box of figures and I got over a dozen.

When the cost of oil goes way up the price of plastic goes up too. And when the economy slows down, people buy fewer luxury items, like army men, so plastic figure companies suffer. I would hate to lose any more companies, so please, go buy army men!

2 comments:

Herrentanz said...

Yes, but my wife refuse talk with me, when i buy any army men... that´s a trouble!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I am very lucky that my wife is very understanding of my hobby. I try and make time for her and even have space for her in my hobby room. It is my only hobby and not really any more expensive than most others.