Followers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Boats and Stuff


Here in the Bunker, I am always on the lookout for new products to enhance the wargaming. If you look at the bow of the sailing ship, you will see two 1/72nd scale soldiers, one green and one tan. They are about an inch tall, making the hull about ten inches at the waterline. I got this boat at a souvenir shop. It was full hull and had a little base. The item probably cost me ten dollars.
The hull is wooden and the sails are cloth. The rigging was all done and the model painted. Once I got the model home I cut off the base and then sanded the bottom smooth to make a waterline kit. For less than ten dollars and an hour work I had a nice little ship model. This rather generic ship works for the period from about 1700 to now. I have used it for the ACW and even WWII.
This summer when out on vacation, check out the souvenir shops and you may just be able to enhance your fleet.

No comments: